How do you add magic? ……What can we learn from Disney?
Believing anything is possible?
“Somehow I can’t believe there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C’s. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.” Walt Disney
- Challenge yourself – break the mould – Walt Disney – first feature length animated film – Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs in 1937. What can you do that no-one in your industry has done before?
- When it goes wrong – build it straight back up again – Cinderella saved the studio – Mortimer Mouse, became Mickey Mouse!! If the first idea does not work try something else.
- Telling a story – even while waiting in a queue – when visitors stand around the office – how can we entertain them, what is your story?
- Fastpass cut down the queuing times in the theme parks, how can you ensure everybody gets the same experience within an adequate space in time. How long on average do visitors spend in the office?
- The characters have personalities, they are all three dimensional – How can you make a business three dimensional – give a character, provide the background its life story?
- Disney operates a moratorium on classic releases, ie Lion King is only released for six weeks every 5 years etc… This is fantastic business, how can you create or build up to an event with the same moratorium principles?
- When in the park if you have a badge on you are there to serve the customer? Do visitors know who the team are – how are they identified?
nuggets has applied the park thinking to several businesses and schools – please do contact us for case studies and book a Park Thinking workshop.
See what we did for raising the profile of Bramley C0fE Infant School by delivering a Park Thinking workshop:-
- Figures are on the fence – “children are inside”
- Big “Welcome”
- Raised the visibility and image of the school