Who are Berkeley Way…
They are residential property managers with a difference:-
- They offer all their clients a friendly, efficient yet affordable service
- They treat all the properties as if they were their own
- They take a long-term, strategic view of your property investment
Where is Berkeley Way now…
- Beautiful offices 28 Ely Place – enviable working environment
- Committed team who really care
- Managing over 300 properties
Where were they…
- One room in a serviced office in Berkeley Square
- 2 Directors
- 1 Property to manage
How has nuggets worked with Berkeley Way?
- Strategic development pathway for all employees – Berkeley Academy
- Follow ups individually to all learning initiatives – ensures the development has made a difference
- Coaching a team leader to take on the responsibility of managing the team
- Team workshops
- Working across barriers – the team process mapped their departments, and they also created a jigsaw which demonstrated how they needed to all work with each other to create one picture.
- How to be proactive? – used the 5 a day principle and employees kept logs of when they had been proactive.
- What does your business look like? – we visited other agents and used a mystery shopper to give the company feedback. This workshop used a lot of the techniques from the very successful BBC programme “Mary Queen of Shops”
- How to live and work by your values? – the team described what would be happening at the office and in the afternoon took part in a volunteering project, creating planters for schools.
- What motivates each team member? – Using the Strength Deployment Inventory profiling tool.
- Park thinking – most recently we have conducted a workshop comparing the impact on the business to visitors. We have used a visit to a theme park as a comparator.
What is key about having nuggets in your business…?
- Long term relationship
- Quarterly teambuilds
- Learning and development that is strategic for each individual
- Follow ups to workshops