“There’s loads of “good” around today but good is the new nice – it’s average” – Alan Austin Smith
In his book Austin-Smith explains how we should all be fantastic in everything as being good is not enough.
There is a formula for developing as a fantastic person:-
- Be passionate – really care about all that you do, understand the difference between what you do and why you do it?
- Be creative – there was a time where the kettle in a hotel room was innovative now what is the next thing…
- Delight people – don’t serve people – delight them – give them an experience
- Performers – take action, don’t listen to the negative voices in your head – go for it
- Alive inside – You are the Director of your life, don’t wait to be motivated
- Always learning – take 15 minutes a day to learn something new
- Having fun – find a good balance, be able to hit the pause button and make constant changes so the big ones don’t hit you
In general use more adjectives in your life, be great/superb/splendid in what ever you do!!
Have a “fantastic” week!!
Please contact nuggets for any interactive learning and development workshops http://www.nuggetsoflearning.co.uk