Jeff Bezos the founder and CEO of Amazon made sure that there was an empty chair at meetings. He was determined that decisions would not be made without the customer being in the room. The chair represented the client, customer, ultimately the whole point to your business.
To have this perspective in the room when you are making key decision is vital:-
- Do you have an empty chair at your meetings?
- Does your team always think about how to make the person in the chair comfortable?
- Asking every member of the team what the chair might see/hear or feel – makes the customer real?
- How often do you engage the chair?
- What are you selling to the chair?
Please contact nuggets to make the chair come alive in 2014 – we can facilitate a variety of workshops, 90 minutes/half days/full days on many different areas… contact firstname.lastname@example.org