When we set goals they are not instant and it is just as important to enjoy the journey and expect the best.
If you set a goal to lose weight, you don’t wake up the next day 2 stone lighter. A diet and exercise plan is put in place and a target date is set. The important part is to enjoy the plan and trust in the process.
There’s a well-known story about a man who was observing a butterfly in the process of emerging from the chrysalis. After what seemed an eternity of watching the butterfly struggling to get free, the man decided to help it along. He took a penknife and cut open the chrysalis and the butterfly fell out. The man waited for the butterfly to flap its wings, but to his dismay he realised that the butterfly was unable to fly. The energy and effort it takes to break out of the chrysalis is what strengthens the butterfly wings. Without that challenge the butterfly can never reach its potential.
- Working on a current project – see it to the end
- Keep up your team’s morale – help them to make that final push on their own
- Challenge the team – do not intervene
- Enjoy the journey and expect the best
- Be patient and trust the timings you have in place
- There is a right time