This week you have a really important presentation to make. You want the audience to remember your message as it is the focus and vision for the next 3 months. It must stick in the minds of everyone, follow the presentation tips below:-
It’s an art not a science:-
- If you don’t understand it they won’t
- If you don’t believe it they won’t
- If you don’t enjoy it they won’t
- You need to communicate fact and emotion
- Different forms of presentation
- Communicate mind to mind
- Props for illumination not support
- Get the bookends right
- Beginning – introduce and engage
- Close – re-enforce challenge and leave thinking
Using metaphors unrelated to the subject can embed understanding. It can help with a really complex process or procedure becoming simplistic.
To manage nerves, visualise what you want to hear at the end of the presentation.
A hill walker needs to know how many paces in 100 metres you need to know how many slides in an hour.
Think of a presentation as a piece of music, does it have a flow and rhythm.
Don’t underestimate the power of silence.
Churchill worked on a presentation for 10 minutes which would last 2 hours and then he would take 2 hours to write a 10 minute presentation.
- Outline = Tell them what you are gong to tell them
- Inform= Tell them
- Summary = Tell them what you have told them
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a 1:1 coaching session on how to present to any audience.