Whether it be a New Year resolution or a business objective, staying focused and setting new challenges is hard to stick to.
Here are some top tips to keep you on track:-
- Goals being visual – “What you focus on becomes reality…” – create a picture
- Proper goals that have meaning and can be measured
- Writing them down – “What gets written gets done…” Bev Wilkinson or the management guru “What gets measured gets done…” Tom Peters
- Why? – the reason behind the goal – that is the motivation, see yourself having already achieved it. This is why it matters.
- Time to focus on achievement, ensuring within your how you have increments of time so you can see if you are moving forward with it.
- Replace weaknesses or temptations with new rituals.
- Goal buddy will help you work towards the goal.
- Most importantly reward yourself and celebrate accomplishment.
Systems lead to goals therefore a performance goal is always more powerful than an achievement goal. You may win the race however if you save 2 seconds on your last time that performance is a better measure than winning the race the achievement.
The visual wheel of goal setting starts with the:-
- Why?- in the centre
- What? – areas to focus
- How? – outer circle – tasks to move you closer to goal
For a goal setting workshop please contact email@example.com