Last week with the children returning to school it was interesting to see the contrasts of how they welcomed them back.
My daughter was thrust straight back into academia with an A’level mock the first day back, and yet my son also in 6th Form had a day of focusing on their well being culminating with a beer round a fire pit. I know which Welcome I would have preferred!!
Also in the press I saw one school put up balloons festooning the entrance and the classrooms, albeit a primary school, however who does not want to feel special.
How will you welcome your team back?
Welcome in itself is written as a smile, having the word as prominently on show as you can will be a nice touch.
We can also start to send welcome letters now or even welcome packs, any form of teaser campaign and above all an acknowledgement of how excited you are to see them face to face.
Top Tips to consider with your Welcome:-
- Be understanding, there will be anxiety of what to expect which is why it is good to start talking now
- Have some well being workshops talks in place to manage any uncertainties
- Keep everyone informed of which Government guidelines have been implemented and what the office might look like on their return
- Set up rotas if your space is too small and you can’t all be in the office at the same time
- Engage now – the next few months have the conversation before employees return
- Be flexible with how it will work and give people choice
- Reflect and review as it will keep changing
For more ideas on the easing out of lockdown please do get in touch email@example.com