Do you find that you don’t have enough time to keep up to date with your reading?
When lockdown started in March, nuggets set up a bookclub which ran every Friday for several weeks. The commitment was 30 minutes every Friday and classic business titles were covered.
The format of the sessions were:-
- Welcome with an interactive exercise related to the book content
- Book summary – structured around the key themes from the chapters
- 3 key questions
- nuggets – key takeaways from the book to be applied to life
We are going to start again in September, with the same format and new titles that will still be classics and chosen specifically for the times we are living through.
There is never any pressure to read the book, as nuggets is saving you time by giving you an insight as to what the book is covering and most importantly practical tips as to how you can apply the content.
The sessions take place over Zoom and where possible they are as interactive as they can be. The feedback from the first series was great:-
“Really liked the synopsis at the start of the sessions to explain the principles of the book”
“The colourful diagrams diagrams helped to visualise the content of the book”
“The simple-ness of the concept and being Friday morning”
“Every session had an exercise to engage the attendees”
“Bite size chunks worked well”
To get you ready for our next series these are the books we will be reviewing:-
- Friday 4th September 2020 – “Eat that Frog” by Brian Tracy
- Friday 11th September 2020 – “Chimp Paradox” by Dr Steve Peters
- Friday 18th September 2020 – “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R Covey
- Friday 25th September 2020 – “Kindness Method” by Shahroo Izadi
- Friday 2nd October 2020 – “To Sell is Human” by Dan Pink
- Friday 9th October 2020 – “Dare to Lead” by Brene Brown
Please do get in touch if you would like more details firstname.lastname@example.org