When lockdown started, I decided to run a book club every Friday for FREE to share my favourite business books and why they make a difference. Every book I selected had a relevance to the period we were in.
To be true to my nuggets style I wanted the sessions to be interactive which is no mean feat on Zoom. I would start each session with some exercise that had a connection to the topic or book and would make everyone relax and laugh.
The sessions were only 30 minutes as I was conscious to peak interest in the book and leave attendees wanting more from nuggets or a desire to read the book.
My summary was structured around the book framework eg. using chapter headings to say what each part of the book was covering. They were very comprehensive so no attendee felt isolated if they had not read the book or even heard of the author.
Before each event I would explain in a few lines what the book was about and if possible direct them to TED talk by the author.
After the summary was delivered I would ask three questions to understand from attendees how some of the content had resonated. We always had amazing responses and very honest and open at some situations which must have been very personal.
In true nuggets style we finished with the key nuggets as takeaways as to what the book meant from a practical perspective.
The books we covered are listed below:-
- Who Moved My Cheese by Dr Spencer Johnson – understanding change and our responses
- When by Dan Pink – understanding the science behind time
- Mindset by Carol S Dweck – determining whether you have a fixed or growth mindset
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek – your overall purpose “not what you do its Why you do it”
- Atomic Habits by James Clear – creating habits and rituals that are sustainable
- The Present by Dr Spencer Johnson – Learning from the past and looking to the future and enjoying the Present
- Black Box Thinking by Matthew Syed – Understanding how much that can be learnt from failure
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown – Vulnerability is not weakness
- Six Thinking Hats by Edward de Bono – providing a framework for your thinking in group and individual situations that will save you time
Please do get in touch if you would like any of the book summaries delivered to your team. The session is 30 minutes with no cap on attendees and the cost is £100 per session or £150 for two.
Please do get in touch to find out more email@example.com